Methadone clinics in the state of Wisconsin allow individuals with opiate abuse disorders and addictions to seek treatment in a safe, affordable facility. Many of Wisconsin’s largest cities, such as Milwaukee, Madison, and Green Bay, are home to more than one methadone treatment clinic, and patients are able to receive the treatment they need without traveling too far from home. The benefit of these facilities is clear, especially in a state with a high opiate abuse rate.
Methadone Clinics in Wisconsin
According to the ONDCP, “In 2007-2008, Wisconsin was one of the top ten states for rates in several drug-use categories,” chief among them “past-year non-medical use of pain relievers among persons age 12 and older.” This issue specifically entails the abuse of prescription opiates such as:
- Oxycodone (Oxy, O, Oxycotton)
- Hydrocodone (Vikes, Norco, Tabs)
- Morphine (M, Monkey, Miss Emma)
- Oxymorphone (O Bomb, Biscuits)
- Codeine (Captain Cody)
- Hydromorphone (D, footballs, Demmies)
and others. Because Wisconsin is among the top states in the country for prescription opiate abuse, there are likely many individuals in need of specific treatment catered to these issues who are not receiving it.
In addition, the NDIC states that, despite being in medium availability across the state, heroin abuse is on the rise. “The increasing availability of high-purity heroin and the number of new users represent a… problem, particularly in the Milwaukee area.” Heroin abuse especially will often call for a long-term addiction treatment, for which methadone maintenance is particularly suited. In some cases, individuals stay on methadone indefinitely in order to avoid abusing heroin.
Still, many individuals are seeking treatment for opiate addiction and abuse of all types in Wisconsin. In a survey of primary drug abuse treatment admissions in Wisconsin in the year 2010, heroin and other opiates combined had more treatment episodes for primary drug abuse than marijuana, cocaine, and any other drug type. Patients who attend treatment for this issue (including methadone treatment) are often
- More likely to find jobs, have better home lives, and generally be more productive
- Less likely to abuse illicit opiates or relapse into drug abuse
- More likely to discover the possibility of a co-occurring mental disorder that should be treated along with their addiction
- Less likely to overdose from illicit opiate abuse
- Less likely to participate in criminal activity or become arrested for buying, selling, or abusing opiate drugs
- Less likely to contract a disease “such as HIV, hepatitis B or C, bacterial infections, endocarditis, soft tissue infections, thrombophlebitis, tuberculosis, and STDs” (CDC).
Methadone treatment may be the most beneficial choice for your addiction treatment needs, especially if you are looking for a comprehensive program that will require your cooperation in order to help you achieve the best results. Patients often will stay on methadone treatment for years if it is beneficial to them, which is why finding a clinic close to home is often a great choice.
In the state of Wisconsin, many facilities exist where methadone is dispensed daily in regulated doses that do not cause intoxication and patients are given access to a specialized treatment program and care from kind and understanding medical professionals.
Palm Partners Treatment Center is one of America’s leading addiction treatment providers for drug alcohol detox treatment, drug rehab, alcohol rehabilitation and is staffed with highly trained addiction specialists. Palm Partners was founded in 1994 and was incorporated in Florida in the year 2003.View details ›