Getting Clean before the Holidays using a Methadone Clinic
There are a lot of reasons why someone would want to get clean before the holidays. Maybe it is a request from a friend or family member or maybe it would be nice to enjoy the holidays without the need for drugs looming over you. Whatever the reason, you can get clean before the holidays using a methadone clinic.
Methadone is an opiate like medication that stops the symptoms of withdrawal. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, methadone is a safe alternative to continued illegal and prescription opiate use. When you start methadone treatment, you start at a relatively high dose.
After the initial dose is administered, your doctor will adjust the dose so that you are taking the minimum amount to both stop the withdrawal symptoms and treat the pain. Once this dose is established, you can maintain it almost indefinitely. This means you can enjoy your holidays without experiencing full withdrawal.
Methadone is a way to get off opiates like heroin, prescription painkillers, and other opiates. You can do this fairly quickly because methadone starts working a few hours after your first dose.
Types of Methadone Clinics
There are two primary types of methadone clinics. Both of these types will be able to get you clean before the holidays. Which type you use depends on your individual situation. There is:
- Outpatient methadone clinics – these clinics are ones that you stay at your home and participate in counseling and medication management, daily weekly or monthly. Outpatient methadone treatment would allow you to attend functions such as holiday parties and gatherings without stopping your treatment.
- Inpatient methadone clinics – these are residential clinics where you stay at the facility until your dose is adjusted and you feel comfortable leaving. Inpatient treatment is usually intensive and lasts between two to four weeks. If you choose inpatient treatment you probably will miss some of the holiday parties and such but you will still be able to get clean before Christmas.
Types of Methadone Treatment
There a few main types of methadone treatment that can help you get clean for the holidays.
- managed medication – this is where a doctor prescribes a methadone dose and lets you continue on it until you feel that you are ready to taper off.
- methadone tapering treatment – this is where you start off at a large dose of methadone and gradually taper it down until you are completely off it.
- rapid methadone detox – this is an extremely rapid method of detox and is sometimes followed with low doses of methadone to keep and break through withdrawal symptoms away.
No matter what method you decide on you will feel better for getting help, especially before the holidays. If you want more information on getting clean before the holidays or need help deciding on a methadone treatment call us at 855-925-6255(Who Answers?) . We can help you find the addiction solution that is right for you.