Should I Seek Counseling While I Receive Help from a Methadone Clinic?
Are you in the process of recovering from an addiction to methadone? Methadone is an opioid medication that can help manage heroin withdrawal symptoms, but it is also a habit-forming drug.
The withdrawal symptoms for methadone addiction can potentially be severe and painful. That’s why it’s important to have a powerful network of support while you go through the detoxification process.
If you’re already receiving help from a methadone clinic – that’s great! Methadone clinics can provide you with a large amount of services to mediate your withdrawal symptoms and detox from methadone and other opiate drugs. In addition to getting help from a methadone clinic, you should also consider the enormous benefits of seeking counseling to promote your success.
For help finding the best counseling services in your area, call us now at 800-891-9360(Who Answers?).
The Benefits of Counseling
Rehabilitation is a vital step for ensuring that your treatment is successfully completed. While it’s great if you are using the help of certified medical professionals to medicate your detoxification from opiates, there is more to the process than drug tapering and substitutions. Therapy and counseling should be incorporated into your treatment plan for maximum success.
Many clinics have counseling services readily available for you – take advantage of them! At these clinics, you will have full access to important information throughout the process of overcoming your drug addiction. If you have any questions and you’d like to talk directly to a licensed professional, counseling sessions can offer these opportunities.
Other benefits of counseling include:
- Learning useful and effective techniques and methods for how to avoid drugs or deal with having an addiction. You will also be taught what actions you can take if you relapse.
- Learning how to deal with and mange stress and how to rebuild or enhance professional and personal relationships. Counseling can give you the tools you need to get back to the real world and live a healthier, happier life.
- Connecting with other people who are experiencing similar situations. Sometimes, it can really help knowing that you are not alone. Emphasizing with others and knowing that others are emphasizing with you is beneficial for fighting and conquering your addiction.
- Having a strong source of motivation and consistency. Knowing that you are scheduled to go to a counseling appointment can help you stay on track with your goals by having something to achieve or look forward to.
- Having a treatment this is flexible and adaptive to your individual needs and desires. If you prefer one-on-one, family, or group sessions, many clinics and counseling centers can offer you several options to choose from.
- Re-establishing relationships with your loved ones.
Making the Choice to Receive Addiction Counseling
Using a methadone clinic can provide you with medication-based therapy, but your emotional, mental, and spiritual wellbeing are just as important as your physical recovery. Should you seek counseling while you’re getting help from a methadone clinic? Yes!
Counseling can give you the boost you need by providing you with emotional support and motivation to achieve total detoxification. It can also give you great resources for getting your life back on track and inspiring you to pursue your goals.
For more information about addiction counseling, give us a call at 800-891-9360(Who Answers?) to talk to a friendly representative.